2008年12月10日水曜日

Changing impression

This is a small shrine near my house. It was never interesting for me. Since I started to take the class visual anthropology of Japan, however, I've visited here a few times. Then I knew that we cannot see this sight anywhere in the world besides in Japan. Shrines and temples had been too usual for me to realize the value. Stadying my own culture was very new and fascinating for me, and now I'm proud of our unique culture.


Now the tree next to it is changing to red, how beautiful.



photo from Shizuoka, where is hometown of one of my friends.
This fall, I've visited there. Mt.Fuji is often used to represent Japan.


1 件のコメント:

visual gonthros さんのコメント...

Nice pictures this week. I especially like the first one.

I very much enjoy having native anthropologists like yourself in the class. Through our differing perspectives we engage in interesting dialogues and learn/gain a lot in the process.